Make yourself a giant bubble wand and blow enormous bubbles in your garden. We have included two recipes for bubble mixture – the first is made from easily acquired ingredients. The ingredients for the second may be slightly more of a challenge to get hold of, but makes more stable big bubbles. The original green Fairy liquid seems to make the best bubble mix.
Make the bubble wand
- Put a small screw eye into the end of each of your two sticks
- Thread your string through both of the screw eyes – you can also add a washer to the string for a weight and tie the string in a knot
Bubble Mix – Simple Recipe
12 cups of water
1 cup washing up liquid
1 cup corn flour
2 tbsp baking powder
- Put all the ingredients into a bucket or washing up bowl
- Stir gently and let stand for an hour
- Use for your giant bubbles
Bubble Mix – Advanced Recipe
1L room temperature water
1.5g (¼ heaped tsp) guar gum powder
2 tsp glycerine
50ml washing up liquid
2g (½ heaped tsp) baking powder
- Measure the water into a large container.
- Measure the guar into a cup and mix with the glycerine until you can put it easily.
- Pour the guar and glycerine into the water, if there is anything left in your cup, use a little of the water to get the last of it into the water mixture.
- Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the washing up liquid and stir gently – you don’t want to make it foam up.
- Add the baking powder and stir