A scavenger hunt is a great activity to play online or in person. These lists are designed to be played online, with players in their own homes.
Create a list of things to find – it can be anything, just make sure they are generic enough that everyone will have something that fits.
Call out each thing on the list and get the participants to run off and find it, you can then chat about the objects they’ve found with them as they return – filling time until they are all back. With more varied or personal objects you can ask them all to show each other what they found/chose too.
General Scavenger Hunt
- A fork
- Something red, blue, yellow
- A shiny object
- Something that is smaller than a grain of rice
- The softest thing in your home
- One sock of everyone who you live with
- Something that makes you laugh
- The longest scarf in your home
- Your weirdest toy
- Something you drew or made
- Something you love
Body Scavenger Hunt
- That is as long as your leg
- smaller than your little fingernail
- that can go around your waist
- the colour of your eyes
- just the right size to hold in both your hands
- as knobbly as your elbow
- the same length as your longest toe
- as soft as your hair
- the exact size of your right ear
- as tall as you are
Tip: This activity works well online as it encourages the young people to engage physically and not just sit and look at the screen
Take It Further
There are many other great games in the book Games, Games, Games, a publication with around 250 group games. The games are essentially co-operative in nature and develop skills and attitudes which encourage learning together and supporting one another.